To compliment our standard transport activities, we move also move out of gauge cargo, that can be too wide, long or heavy to move with standard trucks under construction & use regulations. This cargo usually moves under A STGO (Special Types General Order) exemption. Our Drivers & support teams have a vast experience of Dealing with many different types of cargo.
As well as the transport of out of gauge loads, we offer a full route planning & notification service to all of the local and departmental authorities concerned. With the demise of the police escort service, we run our own abnormal load support pilot vehicles.
We are currently operating a wide range of special vehicles & trailers, including the following;
- 13m Tonne Lorry Loader Cranes - fitted to rigid flat bed trucks
- Tractor Units with a STGO operating weight of 80 tonnes.
Also fitted with heavy duty draw bar couplings for use as heavy locomotives.
- 13-25M Double Extendable Semi Low Loader
4 axle with override power steering. Load bed height 900mm. Payload up to 45 tonnes. Loading ramps for drive on machines.
- 13-18M Extendable Semi Low Loader
4 axle with self track steering rear axle. Load bed height 900mm. Payload up to 40 tonnes. Loading ramps for drive on machines.
- Low Loader
3 axle with self track steering rear axle. Load bed height 620mm. Payload up to 48 tonnes.
- 12.5 - 18.3m Extendable Flat Trailers
- 13.6 - 29m Double Extendable Straight Frame Flat Trailer
3 axle power steered. Payload up to 48 tonnes.
- Long Load Bogie & Bolsters
2 and 3 axle, power steered